Home  //  News  //  family and baby chicks escape fire
  • Register
Thursday June 20, 2019
Print
Email

family and baby chicks escape fire

Wednesday, April 03, 2019 06:31 AM
Written by Stan Maddux
Category: Local News

A LaPorte County family and all of their baby chicks safely escaped

a fire last evening.

It happened just before 5 p.m. in the 24 hundred block of N. Wozniak Road.

Family members made it outside safely on their own.

More than 20 poultry chicks were rescued from the attached garage.

The fire was brought under by firefighters from Coolspring Township and two other departments in about a half an hour.

It's believed the fire started in the fireplace......

He started a fire but failed to open the damper on the chimney.

Wozniak Road between 200 N and 275 N reopened about two hours later.

Login

Register

*
*
*
*
*
*

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.